SEAVS COVID-19 Appointment Protocol:
SEAVS has begun seeing patients for ALL appointments – annual check ups, grooming and sick appointments. We are booking for appointments about a week in advance, so plan ahead, where possible.
Our Observation ward is open.
We are still seeing emergencies before 7PM if we are booked for appointments. The most critical patients will be given priority.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
To limit the spread of COVID-19, please follow the guidelines stated below when visiting our practice.
The health and safety of our clients and their animal companions, as well as the SEAVS team members, is always our top priority.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Please call 703-281-3750 with any additional questions.
Guidelines for bringing a patient into SEAVS:
*****If you are sick with any symptoms of COVID19 or you have received a positive test for COVID19, DO NOT bring your animal in. Have a friend or family member bring your pet. STAY HOME AND QUARANTINE. By exposing our staff you could be the reason we have to close down and many animals will not get the care they need. If you won’t do it for our staff, at least do it for the animals!
- Remain in your car and call us to retrieve your pet.
- You must wear a mask when speaking to the staff and while they are retrieving your pet. If you are not wearing a mask, staff have been instructed NOT to retrieve your pet from the car.
- Prior to your appointment, please take the time to fill out the form that was emailed to you. If you did not receive a form, please call the office and confirm your email address so we can resend it.
- When you arrive for your appointment, call or text the office at 703-281-3750 to alert our team that you have arrived. If texting, send the pets name, your last name and the space number you are in. If you are sent to voicemail, please hang up and call back or text us – do not leave a message. All clients are to remain in their vehicle and our staff will retrieve the pet for the appointment.
- We ask you to remain on-site, in your vehicle, during your pet’s appointment so you are immediately available should we have any questions. This will also allow us to return your pet as quickly as possible to reduce stress.
- If any additional information is needed prior to performing our exam/diagnostics, or any additional tests are needed beyond the examination, the doctor will call to discuss.
- Once the pet has been fully evaluated, the doctor will contact you via phone to go over their findings, recommendations and to answer any questions you may have.
- Your call will then be transferred to a receptionist that will collect payment via credit card over the phone. We will only be accepting credit card payment(No cash or check) at this time. You can pay with a visa gift card or apply for Care Credit or Scratchpay if you do not have a credit card or if you need assistance with payment.
- For prescription pick up: Pay ahead for curbside pick up or we can mail your prescription.
- For surgery/observation pick up: Pay ahead and we will bring the pet out to your car.
- Observation: Special diets that accompany the pet must be in a labeled, wipe-able, plastic container or a zip lock bag.